The MRC HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU) in partnership with HSeT secured funding for 2 years from the European Developing Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) to enable to set up a website ”Host Defence Interactions" (HDI) as a facility for e-learning teaching programmes and activities in order to build foundations in academic capacity amongst students, researchers, clinical investigators and lab managers initially within Southern Africa but also for the rest of Africa in future.
Initial partnerships have been established between:
- Division of Immunology, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Institute of Infectious Disease & Molecular Medicine, University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences - Prof. C. Gray
- Mucosal Immunology Laboratory, Division of Medical Virology, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Institute of Infectious Disease & Molecular Medicine
University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences - Dr. J. Passmore
- the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA)- Dr. K. Mlisana.
TThe website offers Distance Learning through:
provides curricula that can be reviewed by learners in a self-directed way, at a distance, or in combination with face-to-face training.
- offers through institution-specific portals customized curricular content and learning activities targeting different audiences.
- provides novel pedagogical approaches and tools to help trainers make the most of their teaching
Enjoy exploring the site, and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
The HSeT Team
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
HSeT content and learning activities are available under a
Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No
Derivative Works 3.0 License